FleishmanHillard Vice President, Sustainability in St. Louis, Missouri
Fleishman-Hillard is seeking an experienced strategist and communicator with a strong background in sustainability and corporate social responsibility for a position at our St. Louis headquarters.
The successful candidate will provide thoughtful, high-level counsel to clients and prospects; craft meaningful strategies that advance key business objectives; manage teams and tactical execution for outstanding results, and help drive agency thought leadership and new-business opportunities. We believe every company has a sustainability story to tell. We help our clients step back and build better stories – often in ways that make their businesses better, too. The individual we seek will share both our passion for these client solutions and our ability to develop and deliver them at a world-class level.
The candidate must have a deep understanding of trends and best practices in sustainability/CSR strategy and communications, with experience across the broad spectrum of sustainability issues, including environmental, social, philanthropic and corporate governance. The position also requires experience in the full range of related communications services, including strong writing and editing, positioning/message development; B2B and B2C marketing, investor relations, public affairs, employee engagement, third-party outreach, media relations, social media engagement, and sustainability reporting.
- Counseling clients on a wide range of sustainability/CSR issues (environmental, social, philanthropic and corporate governance)
- Developing and executing successful sustainability/CSR initiatives that help clients make a positive impact on both the reputation and the bottom line
- Effectively communicating and engaging with key stakeholders and news media
- Leading new-business development efforts
In addition to superior writing, editing and presentation skills and a proven ability to manage projects, clients, teams and budgets, the candidate needs to offer:
- 10+ years of experience in corporate social responsibility, sustainability or corporate citizenship communications and strategy. A combination of agency and corporate experience is ideal, though not essential
- Demonstrated thought leadership based on a compelling point of view and influential connections within the sustainability/CSR space
- Strategic, creative thinking with proven ability to develop and execute integrated communications campaigns
- Solid understanding of critical sustainability subject matter, including issue/policy landscape, effective communications strategies, NGOs and corporate partnerships; issues and crisis management
- Experience in sustainability reporting and the GRI framework
- Proven expertise in building and nurturing relationships with corporate responsibility/sustainability leaders and influencers; ability to engage relationships for client benefit
- Demonstrated media relations contacts and capabilities, including experience and fluency in digital communications and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, marketing, business, sustainability or a related field
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement, and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year, we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group:
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy, and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding, and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.