FleishmanHillard HR Business Partner Part-time Specialist, Bristol in London, United Kingdom
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Based in Bristol - We are a full service, multi-channel content marketing agency. Brands are battling for consumer attention across a constantly evolving media landscape – there are no ‘traditional’ forms of customer engagement any more. Content is the new advertising. We deliver, manage and measure engaging content across every touchpoint for some of the world's biggest brands. We are an Omnicom agency, and part of the FleishmanHillard network.
Supporting 50+ employees, this is a brand-new role where you will partner with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business with a focus on L&D and Employee Relations. Your role will be to provide counsel to managers, strategic and day-to-day leadership, supporting team leaders on various talent initiatives such as culture, wellbeing, diversity & inclusion, recruitment and onboarding. Although a stand-alone role, as the company is part of a global network there is a broader HR function that can be drawn upon for ideas and counsel.
This is a part-time role - equivalent to 3 days p/week. This can be 22.5 hours across 5 days or 3 full days in the office.
Areas of Focus:
- Provide a first point of contact for all generalist HR queries for employees and managers.
- Provide employee support by dealing with daily queries offering guidance on company best practices; actively promoting and supporting the use of agreed practices and policies.
- Be a confident for employees and act as an independent mediator in the case of problems or complaints.
- Review current appraisal processes / talent management framework (such as StrengthScope) and roll out most appropriate strategy for the business.
- Coach individuals and managers on an on-going basis helping them to manage difficult performance issues.
Learning & Development
- Partner with the Senior Leadership team and managers to shape and embed a wide range of learning and development initiatives across the business.
- Review current L&D programmes to ensure business priorities are being met and effectively communicated and delivered.
- Create strategies to develop talent and positively manage the careers of employees at all levels across the business.
- Experience in an agency, media, creative, professional services environment an advantage
- CIPD qualified preferred.
- Experience working autonomously, with a proven track record of driving and implementing L&D programmes and wider talent strategies.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of employment law and employee relations best practice.
- Personable, with the ability to form effective working relationships and build trust and confidence at all levels in the business.
- Able to work both strategically and operationally.
- Ability to use their own initiative and work autonomously.
- Creative mind with the ability to initiate and facilitate change.
- Tenacious, assertive and able to influence and negotiate at a senior level whist maintaining effective relationships.
- Pragmatic, commercially minded and acts in the best interests of the business at all times.
- Can exercise sound judgement and authority in sensitive situations
If this sounds like you we'd love to discuss further!
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
We are one of the world’s largest international communications consultancies with more than 2,500 employees in over 80+ offices around the globe. FH was founded over 65 years ago and has since established a strong reputation for delivering meaningful, positive and measurable impact for clients. We are widely recognised for exceptional service and quality standards as well as our long-term relationships with clients.
Our London office is the second largest office in the global network, defined by a series of practice groups – Corporate Communications, Public Affairs, Corporate Reporting, Brand Marketing, Digital & Social, Insights & Planning, and Brand, Content & Design – combined with expertise in industry sectors such as energy, technology, healthcare, travel and tourism, food & drink, sports, FMCG, financial & professional services.
We have a strong and talented team, a solid client base of Fortune 500 and FTSE listed companies. And, while we’re part of a successful global group, we have developed a ‘start-up’ mentality of bravery and entrepreneurialism, rooted in business-changing ideas.
Awards – just some or our awards include – Top 50 Companies for Executive Women 2010-2016 | NAFE, Gold for Best Use of Social Media Measurement, 2016 | AMEC Awards, Silver for Best Strategic / Creative Development of a New Brand, 2016 | Transform Awards Europe. International Consultancy of the Year, Global Agency of the Year and Large Agency of the Year in 2014 by PR Week, as well as European Consultancy of the Year for the second year running by the Holmes Report. We have also been named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity.
We are part of the Omnicom Group (NYSE:OMC), the leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.