FleishmanHillard Weekend Social Media Crisis Analyst, Dallas, San Francisco, D.C. (Methods+Mastery, A FleishmanHillard Company) in Dallas, Texas
Methods+Mastery is seeking a self-starting Social Media Analyst to work a time-shifted schedule (Wednesday-Sunday) to cover client needs over the weekend. This role would use social data to uncover insights that inform business and marketing decisions and track/assess rapid escalation scenarios for our global technology client.
As a weekend analyst, you would be fully integrated into the team, but you would work independently on Saturdays and Sundays.
This position is not intended to provide simple weekend monitoring, but to track crucial conversations, news, and influencers, and to have the skills and knowledge necessary to contextualize those conversations for our portfolio of Fortune 50 companies.
Crisis is the core priority for this position, but outside of crisis moments, you will have opportunities to work on our entire suite of offerings, from social audience segmentation to custom NLPs.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about social, data and analytic tools. Someone who has an innate curiosity and the desire to find out "why?”
Sound like what you’re looking for?
Methods+Mastery is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients.
We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Support the wider Analytics team for 24/7 social monitoring, analytics and crisis management across global regions, during PT hours Wednesday through Sunday
- Manage weekend escalations and crisis and community management efforts. Work hand in hand with other cross-functional teams (PR, Content, Ops, Support, etc.) on communications related to potential and/or emerging incidents
- Contribute to other agency work and initiatives, including audience analysis, listening reports, content performance reports
- Contribute to Methods+Mastery’s culture of innovation and curiosity
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in an advertising, digital or PR agency working in social media or crisis response reporting
- A strong understanding of social listening tools and Boolean logic across multiple platforms (e.g., Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch, Zignal) with knowledge of how and when to apply deep Boolean commands like proximity commands, search order commands and more
- Knowledge of social APIs and server-side storage to determine how to develop issue alerts, dashboard integrations and historical data access
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, to various management levels
- Ability to work during west coast hours Wednesday-Sunday
- Well-versed in story-based reporting (on paper and in person): ability to think not only quantitatively, but also be able to thoughtfully and holistically create reports that address large strategic business questions with a data-based narrative
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience creating unique, value-add, evolving insights
- Experience as a proactive, independent worker, with the ability to work well with minimal guidance from above and to regularly "take the first pass" at analysis, without prescriptive direction
Learn more about Methods+Mastery and how we view the world here .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.