FleishmanHillard Vice President, Internal Communications, Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is seeking a self-starting, passionate professional with deep internal communications experience to help grow our internal communications function in our Chicago office. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work with dynamic, high-performing teams on strategic employee communications efforts for high-profile clients.
From our vantage point 23 floors above Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, FHChicago’s creative, collaborative, diverse, “what-if” culture sets the stage for delivering game-changing work for our clients, which include some of the world’s most well-known brands in the food and beverage, financial and professional services, and healthcare industries. Our team delivers expertise in all aspects of corporate communications and consumer brand marketing — from media and influencer relations to crisis and issues management and everything in between. And the great news for the right candidate is…we’re hiring!
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The ideal candidate will manage and execute integrated communications programs focused on a variety of internal issues, including change management, employee engagement, HR communications, values-based communications, internal branding, product support mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations as well as:
- Serve as a day-to-day contact for clients and manage junior team members on program execution.
- Develop and manage budgets and plans, execute day-to-day deliverables, manage projects and clients, and pursue new business by contributing to proposals and opportunities
The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a strong background developing and executing corporate reputation programs with a thorough command of best practices in internal communications. Additionally, candidates should have:
- At least 10 years of corporate communications experience, with an emphasis on employee and internal communications. Agency experience is a must and in-house experience, particularly with large, global brands, is a plus.
- Background developing and implementing a variety of employee and internal communications programs, including change management, employee engagement, internal branding, and mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations.
- Ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs, intranet), print publications/brochures, executive memos, meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and technical subject matter and versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience.
- Proven expertise managing projects with multiple work streams, applying situational thinking and utilizing team resources effectively to deliver on program objectives.
- A strong understanding of corporate digital communications and social media.
- Experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively, both internally and externally.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple activities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, or related field. Master’s degree in communications, business, organizational psychology or organizational behavior is a plus
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
FleishmanHillard offers an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.