FleishmanHillard Social & Innovation Intern (Winter/Spring 2019), Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Overview and Responsibilities
We’re looking for an energetic self-starter to join the Social & Innovation group at our office in Atlanta for winter/spring 2019. Interns will work alongside FleishmanHillard Atlanta account staff and will have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of social media campaigns on behalf of local, national and international clients.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Intern responsibilities and skills-building opportunities include:
- Create engaging, shareable content under tight deadlines
- Conduct analysis through the use of social listening tools
- Execute day-to-day social and digital deliverables, including content calendar development, community management and scheduling
- Analyze social media program performance, monitor online conversations and spot trends
- Assist teams in the ideation and development of storytelling ideas, activations, creative concepts, etc.
- Stay current with the latest social media trends, emerging platforms and online communities as well as relevant client and industry trends
- Project coordination and execution
- Account management
- Client exposure
- Candidates will have graduated from college with a focus in journalism, public relations, communications, English or any other writing-focused major. Additionally, the ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- Excellent communications and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent research, writing and organization skills
- An ability to work both independently and as a team member
- An ability to multitask, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- An ability to demonstrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), paid position for January through July 2019.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples: Examples would be something written for a classroom assignment (press release, pitch letter, social media posts), a campus newspaper or magazine article, or an essay, blog post, letter, or memo. No calls, please.
If you need assistance please email the Intern Coordinator .
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.